Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Recipe: My Orange-Chocolate Chip Bars Will Make Your Heart Sing With Joy!

Orange-Chocolate Chip Bars.jpeg
As that chocolate mingles with orange, the combination is like a celebration of two perfectly united flavors!


The kids had all the Halloween fun the other day with so many tempting varieties of candy that it got me craving something just as special and wickedly sweet only in cookie form.  Therefore, I just had to bake one of my favorite and easy bar cookies!  

Can you picture a delicate orange flavor infused in a golden brown sugar batter that is jam packed with mini chocolate chips?  Now imagine how one of those yummy bars would taste about now?  Am I making you hungry as well? 


If so, let me also assure you these bars don’t involve much work since I skip creaming any butter or margarine by using oil.  This saves on time without sacrificing the taste or quality of this great recipe.

I hope that you’ll want to try my recipe because it is one to treasure!

Orange-Chocolate Chip Bars in pan.jpeg
Here is a photo of how my Orange-Chocolate Chip Bars look fresh from the oven.


My Orange-Chocolate Chip Bars


1-1/2 cups of flour
1-1/2 teaspoons of baking powder, leveled
½ teaspoons of salt
½ cup of canola oil
2/3 cup of firmly packed brown sugar (light or dark)
1 large egg
grated rind and juice of one orange (about 1 tablespoon rind and 1/4 cup orange juice)
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1/2 bag (11-ounce package) of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips 


Sift the flour, baking powder and salt first in a separate mixing bowl or sheet of wax paper.

Grate the rind and squeeze the orange juice.  Set aside.

In your second mixing bowl, mix the oil, orange juice, rind and brown sugar with your electric mixer before adding the egg and beating again.

Next, I stir in a little of the flour mixture at a time and mix through with a wooden spoon until all the dry ingredients are combined, then stir in the chips last.

Pour into a greased pan about 9-3/4" x 6" in size before baking in a 350-degree oven for about 30-minutes, depending on how your oven is regulated or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.  

Give these bars about five minutes to slightly cool before scoring them.  However, cut them while they are still warm.

ENJOY!